Creating a Custom Package in Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Small Business Edition (SBE) 12.1
- Log into your Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console.
- From the Home page, find the Common Tasks drop down menu in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click the drop down menu and select Install Protection Client to computers.
- The Client Deployment Wizard will appear.
- Select the New Package Deployment option and click Next.
- From the Install Packages drop down, select the version of the software you would like to install on the clients.
- Click the Browse button to choose a group for the clients, or leave it set to the default.
- In the Install Feature Sets drop down, select the features that you would like the clients to have. NOTE: By Default Symantec Endpoint Protection SBE 12.1, provides 4 options; Laptop, Desktop and Workstations -Full Protection, Servers- Full Protection, Servers Basic Protection and Custom
- Click on Custom and Create Custom Feature Set Window Appears.
- Click on OK and click on Next Button.
- Select from Standard Protection & Basic Virus and Spyware Protection and a check box for Email Protection.
- Select on of the available Content Options then click Next.
- Click Remote Push, and then click Next.
- Locate the computers to receive the client software, and then click >> to add the computers to the list. To browse the network for computers, click Browse Network. To find computers by IP address or computer name, click Search Network, and then click Find Computers. Authenticate with the domain or workgroup if prompted. Note: You can set a timeout value to constrain the amount of time the server applies to a search. Click Next.
- Click Send to push the client software to the selected computers. Wait while the client software is pushed to the selected computers.
- Click Finish. This means that the Manager's work is done, but the installation has started on the client and is most likely still running on the client computers. The installation takes several minutes to complete. Depending on the client restart settings of the deployed client, you or the computer users may need to restart the client computers.
Symantec Endpoint Protection SBE 12.1 RU1 MP1
Imported Document Id