Customer is getting message "Update Configuration On Package Servers:
Accelerated Package Staging" constantly in their Task History on their Site
The customer primarily is concerned on the frequency of this message.
This issue has been reported to the Symantec Development team. A fix was included in the ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup v4 (See HOWTO81832) .
There is a Pointfix available for customer that are still on SMP 7.1 SP2. Please refer to "Pointfix_eTrack2758279.zip" attached to this KB. It requires that SMP 7.1 SP2 Rollup v4 (HOWTO64413) is installed first.
This is the information provided in the ReadMe document for this pointfix.
Fix resolves the problem with:- Getting message "Update Configuration On Package Servers: Accelerated Package Staging" every 5 minutes in task history on Site Servers.
Installed ITMS 7.1 SP2 + SMP 7.1 SP2 Rollup v4 (HOWTO64413)
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX
- Extract files from the “Pointfix_eTrack2758279.zip“ archive to the SMP hard drive. Make sure PointFix is not extracted to Altiris install directory (or any subfolder to it).
- Execute PFInstaller.exe with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator). Click on 'Install files' button.
- Old binaries will be automatically backed up to the same location where PFinstaller is and replaced with the new ones.
- Accept UAC (User Account Control) prompt, select Install Files.Old files will be automatically copied to the PointFix’ subfolder ‘Backup’.
Altiris.ClientTask.Server.dll, Altiris.SoftwareManagement.dll, Altiris.TaskManagement.Common.dll, Altiris.TaskManagement.dll, new stored procedure: tmValidateTaskInstance.
HOW TO UNINSTALL THIS POINTFIX
1. Make sure that Backup subfolder is located in PFinstaller’ directory
- Execute PFInstaller.exe with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator).
- Accept UAC (User Account Control) prompt), select Uninstall Files.
This pointfix has the following known issues:
Symantec Management Platform 7.1 SP2, 7.1 SP2 MP1
Pointfix_eTrack2758279.zip (954.0 KB)