When trying to activate license of the SEPM using serial number, an activation error is received. Access to the Internet has been verified and no proxy is present.
- On the Symantec Licensing Portal home page, click Version Upgrade.
- On the Version Upgrade page, type the Upgrade Notification ID, and then click View Upgrades. The Upgrade Notification ID is located in the Upgrade Notification, which is sent by email. If you do not have an Upgrade Notification ID, click Help at bottom of the page to view available upgrade notifications for your account.
- On the Upgrade Product Selection page, next to the product description, click Upgradeto continue with the upgrade process. If all upgrades are complete, you can still view a list of the upgraded licenses and owners.
- On the Upgrade License Selection page, in the Select column, check the individual licenses to upgrade, and then click Upgrade.
- On the License Information Verification page, provide all required information. Some information may automatically appear, based on existing license registration information.
- When all information is accurate, click Complete Registration.
- Your new version serial numbers and license keys appear on the License KeyConfirmation page.
- Download the license (.slf) file