vPro functionality with Real-Time System Manager and Task Server does not work with special characters. If the vPro password set on the local client machine for the Admin account contains language special characters, vPro AMT functions against targets will fail.
Unable to authenticate.
There is a known issue within Intel AMT where it does not properly handle certain language characters in the password.
To resolve the issue, the password must be set to only include standard characters.
The MEBx password requirement is below. For example the Turkish special character is NOT a 7-Bit ASCII non alpha-numeric character, which is why it fails.
The default password is admin and is identical on all newly deployed platforms. When the IT administrator first enters the Intel MEBx configuration menu with the default password, they are required to change the password to maintain security before any feature can be used. The new preferred password should meet the following requirements for strong passwords:
- Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 32 characters in length.
- Password Complexity – The password must include:
- At least one digit character („0‟, „1‟, … „9‟)
- At least one 7-bit ASCII non alpha-numeric character (Example: e.g. '!', '$', ';', etc.). Note that the underscore “_” is considered an alpha-numeric character in the context of passwords) excluding „:‟, „,‟ and „”‟ characters.
- A mixture of lower-case letters (Example: 'a', 'b', 'z', etc.) and upper case letters (Example: 'A', 'B', …'Z', etc.).
Out of Band Management 7.1
Real-Time System Manager (RTSM) 7.1