Error: A failure occurred: Failed to connect to the Bindview Information server, it's BVProcessManager service may have encountered an error." while launching the RMS Console.
A failure occurred: Failed to connect to the Bindview Information server, It's BVProcessManager service may have encountered an error." Check the Application Event Log on that server, as well as the Bindview RMS logfiles (if any) for more information about the error on the Binview information server.
This may happen if the RMS Console is not able to locate the Information Server.
Each user has a default Information Server that is automatically used when they open the Console. Initially, a user’s default Information Server is the one that was installed with the Console that they use. This server can also be the server that was connected to the Console when the Console was installed. A user can use the Information Server Selector to select a new default Information Server to process the tasks and store the data. You can use the Information Server Selector to select a new default Information Server for the console that you use. The default location for the Information Server Selector is Programs > Symantec Control Compliance > RMS Data Collection Utilities on your Windows
Start menu. You can select any local or remote Information Server as your default if you have access rights to it.
To select an Information Server, the following conditions must be met:
- You must have access rights to the local or remote Information Server.
- The Console and the Information Server are compatible versions.
- If a computer running the Console also hosts an Information Server, the local Console must be connected to the local Information Server. This connection enables the remote users to connect their Consoles to the Information Server.
- No more than 15 Console users are connected to an Information Server at any one time.
- When you select a remote Information Server with the Console, the remote Console users cannot use the local Information Server that is installed with the Console.
Follow these steps to Select an Information Server:
- Go to Start >> Programs >> Symantec Control Compliance
- Select RMS Data Collection Utilities >> Information Server Selector
- Click on Select
- In the Enter Object Name dialogue box, enter the Information server name and click OK
- Click Save and close the utility.
- Once the Information server is selected, try to launch RMS Console.