How to create Directory Server data location in Control Compliance Suite (CCS) 11.0
Data locations represent either a network share path of a computer or a database connection string to connect to an ODBC compliant database. You can create the data locations to access files or databases for asset import or data collection. The Directory Server data location lets you establish connection with a Directory Server that will be used as a data location. You must provide the network share details and the credentials that are used to connect to the Directory Server.
Follow these steps:
- Open CCS Console > Settings > General
- Under System Configuration > Data Locations click Add
- Enter Following Information:
- Data location type: Directory Server
- Name Specify the name for this data Location
- Description Specify the description
- Directory Server Specify the server name or IP address of the directory server.
- Port: 389
- BASE DN: Specify the distinguished name of the domain controller.
- Example: CN=Server1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=symantec,DC=COM. To Find out the distinguished name, open Active Directory Users and Computers and select attribute editor tab from properties of the desired OU. Check path specified in distinguishedName attribute. (To view attribute editor tab enable Advance Features view of Active Directory Users and Computers console)
- The fields under Credentials are as follows:
- User name Enter the user name that is used to connect to the directory server.
- Password Enter the password to authenticate the user account.
- Confirm Password Re-type the password.
Note: Data location is created with targeting to OU in active directory, if servers are located in different OU the we will need to create multiple data locations. Example: Domain controller and member servers are located in different OU in active directory, hence we have to create different data locator for both type of assets in CCS asset system.
Rate this Article