If the pcAnywhere plugin is not properly prepared before imaging, when the image is deployed, errors can occur or the thumbprints will not be unique.
File is not a valid pcAnywhere File...pcANSHost.BHF
Encryption will not be unique or may get mismatched and fail
1. Stop the Symantec pcAnywhere Host Service
2. Decrypt the pcAnywhere files on the master PC (the one to be imaged) using the GUI tool which is attached to HOWTO75111
3. Delete the appropriate registry key from below:
4. Delete all the data from the hosts directory
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\pcAnywhere\Hosts
Vista/Windows 7/2008: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\pcAnywhere\Hosts
5. Copy earlier decrypted files from the corresponding location to hosts directory
6. Create the syspreped(master) image
Symantec Management Platform 7.1
pcAnywhere Solution 12.6.7 or later
Supported Windows operating systems
Did this article resolve your issue?
Did this article save you the trouble of contacting technical support?
How can we make this article more helpful?
Email Address (Optional)
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Create and manage cases, manage licensing and renewals, submit threats, and enroll with Symantec Rewards.
Customer and Technical Support phone numbers and hours of operation.
User-to-user forums, blogs, videos, and other community resources on Symantec Connect.
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?