If the pcAnywhere plugin is not properly prepared before imaging, when the image is deployed, errors can occur or the thumbprints will not be unique.
File is not a valid pcAnywhere File...pcANSHost.BHF
Encryption will not be unique or may get mismatched and fail
1. Stop the Symantec pcAnywhere Host Service
2. Decrypt the pcAnywhere files on the master PC (the one to be imaged) using the GUI tool which is attached to HOWTO75111
3. Delete the appropriate registry key from below:
-X64: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\pcAnywhere\CurrentVersion\12202012235959 -X86: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\pcAnywhere\CurrentVersion\12202012235959
4. Delete all the data from the hosts directory
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\pcAnywhere\Hosts Vista/Windows 7/2008: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\pcAnywhere\Hosts
5. Copy earlier decrypted files from the corresponding location to hosts directory
6. Create the syspreped(master) image
Symantec Management Platform 7.1 pcAnywhere Solution 12.6.7 or later Supported Windows operating systems
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?