Compliance reports display 'No Results Returned' or Compliance reports display most data but exclude data for individual updates.
Clientside related errors: see Client Logs
Serverside related errors: see Notification Server Logs
IIS related errors: see IIS Logs
Could be caused by any of the following and possibly other issues:
1. Notification Server (NS) is overburdened with clients returning data and unable to process NSE's for Patch or other inventories needed.
2. Clients fail to communicate Patch Inventories to the Notification Server.
3. User lacks rights to view the targeted filter.
4. Slow communications between NS & Database. Database maintenance / health is low:
5. IsApplicable / IsInstalled Rules are stale.
6. Updates are not applicable to any clients.
7. Updates have been Superseded
8. Client Operating System is not supported by Patch Management Solution or ITMS
Work through each of the following corresponding resolutions related to the possible cause outlined above:
1. Separate App Pool may be needed for the offending Software, but not for Patch Management. Note: Older versions of Patch Management supported a separate Application Pool; however, the newer versions are running an updated IIS and that process is no longer valid in PM 7.1 SP1+ as detailed on KM: HOWTO4592
2. Troubleshooting Inventories: HOWTO60750
3. Ensure user has necessary rights: HOWTO25927
Ensure the user is not a cloned Patch Admin: TECH158041
4. Ensure Maintenance is in order: HOWTO8589
Ensure health is running properly with SSE Tools: HOWTO60787 or SMP Diag Tool: TECH202997
5. Ensure recent complete run of Import Patch Data for Windows (PMImport) has ran: HOWTO56242 - Section 2.
6. Check Microsoft TechNet site to see what the constitutes a vulnerability for the update, for if no clients are vulnerable, the update will not be displayed in the report.
7. Superseded updates will not be listed in Compliance Reports; view 'Windows Superseded Bulletins' Report, and if needed to be included; view KM: HOWTO84835
8. View the Support Matrix to see if the Agent is supported on the problematic OS in KM: HOWTO9965
Note: if the updates were deployed by another method, other than Patch Management (e.g. Software Delivery, Task Server etc) then the files may be updated differently. This has been known to cause problems regarding the checks for the Patch Management IsApplicable / IsInstalled Rules to not see the vulnerabilities.
Advisory: In a hierarchy; the Child NS needs to download the PMImport separately. The Parent NS will merely send the replication job to the Child NS to outline the download is needed with the specified parameters.
Some other helpful articles to be aware of:
- Configure PMImport replication detailed: HOWTO83929
- Windows Patch Remediation Settings doesn't have targeted filter: HOWTO79488
- Enabling Clean up configurations for PMImport: TECH40390
- Client fails to return reboot event: TECH167291
- Setup of PM 7.1 SP1, SP2 & MP1: HOWTO10891
Patch Management 7.1 SP1, SP2, MP1.x & 7.5
Rate this Article