The "Configure Cloud Storage Server" wizard only supports the use or creation of US-based Amazon bit buckets.
The simple workaround is to manually define the amazon storage server and subsequent disk pool using the following method from the administration console.
NOTE : you should create the bit bucket in the appropriate region via the "amazon web services" console before attempting the following procedure
- Select "Configure Disk Storage Servers" and click "Next" at the wizard startup screen
- At the "Select type of storage server" pull down choose "OpenStorage" and click "Next"
- For "Storage server details"
- Set "Storage Server Name" to amazon.com
- Do NOT select "Use Symantec's OpenStorage plug-in for network-controlled storage server"
- Set "Storage Server Type" to amazon_raw
- Select your media server from the "Select media server" pull down
- For "Enter Credentials"
- Set "User Name" to the Access Key ID for your Amazon S3 account
- Set "Password" / "Confirm Password" to the Secret Access Key for your Amazon S3 Account
- Click the "Next" button where you will be presented with a summary - confirm all values are correct and click "Next"
- The "amazon.com" storage server will now be created and credentials added (Note : this may take several minutes)
- Once the storage server has been created and credentials added click "Next" and then "Finish"
- Next start the "Configure Disk Pool" wizard and click "Next" at the initial screen
- You will be asked to select the type of disk pool to create - select Cloud Storage (amazon_raw) and click "Next"
- For "Select Storage Server" choose amazon.com | amazon_raw and click "Next"
- You will now be presented with a list of your pre-defined Amazon bit-buckets - select the bucket you wish to use and click "Next"
- Note: you should choose only one bit-bucket, corresponding to the bit bucket region you wish to utilize
- For "Disk Pool Properties" you will need to
- Set "Disk Pool Name" to an appropriate name
- Optionally add "comments"
- Optionally change the High and Low watermarks
- Optionally Limit I/O streams
- Finally click "Next"
- You will be presented with a summary of the options that will be used to create the disk pool - verify these are correct and then click "Next"
- The Disk Pool will now be created - when this completes click "Next"
- At the next screen ensure that "Create a storage unit that uses the disk pool" is checked and then click "Next"
- Set the "Storage unit name" to an appropriate value and click "Next"
- The storage unit will now be created - when finished click "Finish"
At this point the Amazon cloud storage server setup is complete and you can begin using the storage unit for backups.
Imported Document Id