When configuring a pcAnywhere 12.5.5 host for conferencing a warning may appear that the host needs to be restarted; as the host restarts, the following error may be displayed.
Warning Disabling Encryption. Encryption is not supported for conferencing hosts.
This is a known error that has been resolved with an updated component(see below).
1. Name of the modified commponent : awses32.dll
2. Version of the modified component: 188.8.131.522 (Box),
3. Steps to apply the patch :
(1) On the host computer, stop pcAnywhere host (if running) and close pcAnywhere Manager.
(2) Browse to the Symantec pcAnywhere installed directory.
(3) Make a back up of the existing awses32.dll.
(4) Extract the attached zip file awses32.zip
(5) Replace the orriginal awses32.dll with the extracted awses32.dll
pcAnywhere 12.5 SP4 installed on a windows OS configured to utilize conferencing.