The SCU 2012-3 file is downloaded just fine, but fails to install via LiveUpdate with the error "Digital Signature Verification failed for the Security Content Update"
Deploying Security Content Update on Application Server (host = XXXXX).
Package pre-requisites are fulfilled for Security Content Update on Application Server (host = XXXXX).
Digital signature verification failed for Security Content Update on Application Server (host = XXXXX).
Issue with the Certificate associated with the Digital Signature of SCU 2012-3, because of which the Digital Signatures are not getting verified
Follow the below steps for the workaround to the liveupdate issue:
1. Browse to C:\ProgramData\Symantec\CCS\LiveUpdateStaging\CCS_SCU\CCS110.11_0_546_10100_CCS_SCU
2. Right click on CCS_11_0_2012-3_SCU_Win.exe and go to the Properties
3. Go to Digital Signature tab
4. Select the Digital Signature and click on Details, a new window will pop up
5. Click on the View Certificate, a new window Certificate will pop-up
6. Click on Install certificate, and follow the below screenshot.
7. Click Next on the new Window
8. Select the Place all certificate in the following store radio button and click on browse
9. Check the box Show physical stores and select Local Computer" under Trusted Root Certification Authorities
10. Click OK and Next and finish the process
11. Run the Automatic Update Installation job again.
Rate this Article
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.