After a change in network status or renewing an IP pcAnywhere hosts are unable to be connected to. After right clicking on the waiting host icon in the system tray it can be observed that the wrong IP information is listed. This can happen when a system moves from a wired to a wireless network or when a change in VPN status is made.
None, however, the host status displays the wrong IP information.
This is a known issue that has been resolved with the updated components below, or by applying pcAnywhere 12.5.5 build 1206 (sp5) to pcAnywhere box installs.
1. Name of the components modified : aw32tcp.dll , awconn32.dll
2. Version of the modified components : 220.127.116.114 (Box), 18.104.22.16804 (Solution).
3. Areas of impact due to the modification : Display Status UI at host machine and Remote functionality.
4. Steps to apply the patch :
(1) On the remote computer, stop pcAnywhere host (if running) and close
pcAnywhere Manager if open.
(2) Browse to the Symantec pcAnywhere installed directory. Default locations:
(x86) c:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere
(x64) c:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\pcAnywhere
(3) Back up the original files, aw32tcp.dll and awconn32.dll.
(4) Replace originals with the attached aw32tcp.dll , awconn32.dll
pcAnywhere 12.5 SP4 or pcAnywhere solution 12.6.7
updated aw32tcp.dll and awconn32.dll for pcAnywhere box 12.5 sp4