When attempting enrollment and installation of the iOS MDM profile, the device appears to install the profile successfully. Upon close of the Safari browser and open of the Symantec Mobile Agent, the device again attempts to install the MDM enrollment profile. This installation behavior repeats.
Messages for IosInfo may be filling the "symantecmminprocessqueue" message queue on the MMS Site-Server.
On the Mobile Management Site-Server, IosInfo messages are left in the "symantecmminprocessqueue" and are not cleared.
The MMS Site-Server Application Event log may also show this error:
Symantec Mobile Management Service : Failure to process file -
Exception: Input string was not in a correct format.
There may also be error messages in the Altiris Log Viewer indicating failures to process NSE.
A localization issue involving numeric notation using the comma "," causes a failure to process iOS device enrollment inventory records. The error causes processing failures and leaves bad inventory queue messages in the "symantecmminprocessqueue".
Failed inventory messages are not removed from queue after 3 attempts to process them. These are never removed and can cause confusion when investigating an MDM problem.
Apply the attached point fix to your environment.
On the Symantec Mobile Management Site Server:
- Download and extract the attached ZIP file "7.2-SP1-PF-ET2949222.zip."
- Stop "Symantec Mobile Management" service.
- Make a backup copy of the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Mobile Management\NTServices\SymantecMMService.exe"
- Copy the extracted file SymantecMMService.exe into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Mobile Management\NTServices" folder.
- Start "Symantec Mobile Management" service.
Apply this point fix to all MMS Site-Servers in your environment.
These issues will be resolved in the next release of Symantec Mobile Management.
Symantec Mobile Management 7.2, 7,2 MR1, 7.2 SP1
Apple iOS devices
7.2-SP1-PF-ET2949222.zip (75.6 KB)