In certain situations, the iOS MDM enrollment profile is removed from managed devices and they are set to "Unmanaged".
Calls to the Notification Server for GetDeviceInfo return an error. The NS may also report failures to process NSE.
A condition when the Symantec Management Platform server is under heavy load or intermittent network issues between the Mobile Management Site-Server and the Notification Server may cause the devices to be handled as not-managed. This forces the iOS device to remove its MDM profile.
A point-fix has been released that addresses this particular situation. It can be applied to Symantec Mobile Management 7.2 SP1. If you are not on 7.2 SP1, you must upgrade to this version before applying the fix.
- Download, save, and extract the attached zip file 7.2-SP1-PF-ET2963237.zip.
- On the Mobile Management Site-Server, create a backup copy of files
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Mobile Management\iOSWS\bin\SYMCMDMWS.dll"
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Mobile Management\iosServices\SYMC-IosWebService.dll"
- Copy the newly extracted file "SYMCMDMWS.dll" into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Mobile Management\iOSWS\bin\".
- Copy the newly extracted file "SYMC-IosWebService.dll" into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Mobile Management\iosServices\".
- On the Mobile Management Site-Server, perform an "IISReset", or restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service.
- On the Notification Server, create a backup copy of "C:\Program Files\Altiris\MobileManagement\Web\Bin\Symantec.MobileManagement.Web.dll".
- Copy the newly extracted file "Symantec.MobileManagement.Web.dll" into "C:\Program Files\Altiris\MobileManagement\Web\Bin\".
This issue has been resolved in the Symantec Mobile Mangement 7.2 SP 2.1 release.
Symantec Mobile Management 7.2, 7.2 MR1, 7.2 SP1
Apple iOS devices
7.2-SP1-PF-ET2963237.zip (406.2 KB)