Hotfix #93963b for VERITAS Cluster Server 1.2.1 on Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a provides the following fixes:
- This HOTFIX is a backport of the VCS 2.0 GAB component. The purpose of the backport was to resolve a problem where the Global Counter would hang when a process hit an excessively high handle count. The result is that the cluster will stop responding to all HA commands until problem node is rebooted.
- Enabling LinkMonitoring does not log additional error messages to the Event Log.
- Updated ntgetcomms.bat uses correct command-line options for GAB utilities.
1. Download the self-extracting executable VCSNT121ENU_HF93963b_247599.exe to a temporary location.
2. Double-click the VCSNT121ENU_HF93963b_247599.exe file to begin extraction.
3. Open the README.TXT file using NOTEPAD.exe or WORDPAD.exe and follow the installation instructions contained in this document.
This Hotfix is a supported fix that has not been fully regression tested and must be applied only to systems that are severely affected by the problem. For other situations, we recommend that you wait for the next Service Pack that will contain this fix. For more information, contact VERITAS Technical Support.
HOTFIX for GAB 2.0 back port for NT 4.0 (VCS 1.2.1)