Symantec Support has requested full support logs in order to troubleshoot an issue you are having, and you need to know how to do this.
Symantec Diagnostic (SymDiag ) is a cross-product diagnostic utility designed for troubleshooting and identifying common issues that customers encounter.
To collect SymDiag Logs for Symantec Support:
- Download and start SymDiag.
- When you launch SymDiag, it first verifies the version status with Symantec. If there is a newer version of SymDiag available, SymDiag updates itself automatically. Click I accept the EULA to continue.
- On the Home screen, click Collect data for support, and in the dialog that opens, select the product(s) for which you need to collect the data. Then click Next.
Unless directed otherwise by the Technical Support Engineer for your case, select All Data, then click Next.
When SymDiag completes the scan collection, the “Save the report file” screen appears. Fill in the customer information, then do one of the following:
- To save a local copy of the report to your desktop click Save.
- To save a local copy and also upload the SymDiag logs to the Symantec FTP server, click Save and send to Symantec Support.
When prompted, click Yes to continue the upload.
After the data file is successfully uploaded, the entire path to the file is displayed. Provide this path, which starts with ftp://ftp.entsupport.symantec.com, to Symantec Technical Support.
Note that Technical Support is not notified automatically when the file is received. Alternatively, consider emailing the local copy of the report directly to the Technical Support Engineer responsible for your case.