Issues addressed in this service pack are listed at the bottom of this techfile. Please review the readme for instructions on installing and uninstalling the service pack, and for more details on the issues addressed by this service pack. Use the following steps to download and extract this service pack:
1. Scroll to the bottom of this techfile and click Download Now.
2. When prompted, select "Save This Program To Disk" and click OK.
3. At the next screen, select a location to save the file and click Save.
4. After the download completes, click Open to open the VERITAS Self-Extractor. Optionally, click Close if you prefer to extract the file at a later time. When you are ready to extract it, navigate to the location where it was saved and double-click the file to open the VERITAS Self-Extractor.
5. Select a location to save the extracted files, and then extract the contents by clicking the Extract button.
The package contains three files--a package ID, the Readme file, and the service pack executable file, setup.exe.
6. Click OK at the message "All files have been extracted." The Readme will open automatically. View the Readme for installation and uninstallation instructions, and for issues addressed in this service pack.
Additional information not in Readme:
1. This service pack adds support for Hitachi ShadowImage.
2. After installing this hotfix, a cluster disk group (CDG) under MSCS control will not go offline if half of the disks are lost while the remaining half are available. Prior to installing this hotfix, the CDG would go offline under those circumstances. (Incident 96431).
Disable then enable the disk creates an unknown disk group and foreign disk
Null pointer exception in stat view.
GA: java exception: vrts.vxvm.ce.gui.objview.VmMouseWatcher.mouseClicked after enabling statistics 'start collecting historical data'
[stats] null pointer exception in the following scenario.
Java exception occurs sometimes during Subdisk Move operation.
Java exception if clicked on 'Move Down' tab from Customize Table Header.
Volumes do not display correctly in Disk View after movegroup operation.
When importing data disks system blue screened with 7B and vxio in call-stack.
[Stats][Doc] VxStat CLI Usage is not in synch with Doc.
Cluster provider must follow the same convention so alters will be shown in event viewer.
Events for fsys provider are not showing in the NT event viewer.
VM installed on DTC w/ SP2 results in disk manager DCOM errors in System Log.
Error message when creating W2K compatible volumes with logging should occur earlier.
[DMP] IBM satellite failover not working.
Disk shows 0 capacity but 8.54GB free space.
Replace Disk does not update SCSI reservation thread for cluster disk groups.
MSCS After install of VM 188.8.131.52 cluadmin to fail to open due to critical section timeout.
Data loss when snap back a volume which has been grown.
[FMR] Snapshotted volume doesnot always accept the user assigned driveletter.
[FMR] Wrong err. msg. for snapstart of stripe mirrored volume.
AV when snapback a snapshotted volume which is being snapstarted.
Check for additional ACTIVE plex before snapback.
AV in subdisk move
Split then join dg, the disk groups and computer severity flag remains.
Snap plex can not be snapped back after DG split and DG join when there are mutiple snap plexes.
[dgsj] Making subdisk move of snapshotted Volume and trying to split the DiskGroup is not working.
AV after using the CLI to upgrade a basic disk to dynamic in a dynamic disk group with a Japanese name
On a system with multiple CPUs, a blue screen occurs under heavy I/O when there are RAID-5 volumes
When using EMC's PowerPath 2.1 software with Volume Manager 3.0, hard drives from the EMC storage array do not appear in the VEA
[DMP] Preferred path changes after a reboot
[DMP] Interleaved Active/Passive arrays have paths aligned to path 1
[DMP] Add error log messages tracking IO failures
[DMP] Add DMP support for the Hitachi Thunder 9200 Disk Array
In a cluster disk group, missing disks can be replaced by local (non-shared) disks
Error message when attempting to add an LDM-compatible cluster disk group as a MSCS resource
[FMR] Snapnack command from the CLI does not return to a prompt...
Add support for Hitachi ShadowImage
Adding (not replacing) the fourth feature upgrade keys causes server AV
Do not offline/deport a cluster disk group if half of disks are still available