How to Install Symantec pcAnywhere 12.6.7 Hot Fix (HF1) through Symantec Installation Manager (SIM)
1. Go into Symantec Installation Manager (SIM) from the Altiris SMP Server.
2. From within (SIM)Click on Install Hot Fixes
3. Check Hot fix Related to Symantec pcAnywhere Solution pcAnywhere Solution 12.6.7 HF1 (12.6.8209)
and click Install.
4. After install, from the Installed products list there is now Symantec the Name pcAnywhere Solution 12.6.7 HF1 with Version 12.6.8209 Version Installed
5. There are 2 additional pcAnywhere plug ins that are under Plug-in for Windows - Install (Host only) and pcanywhere Plug-in for Windows - Upgrade (Host Only).
These will be new additions to use that do not have a specific Filter added to them and are to be used for custom creations of Host Only installs to the Host Client machines in the environment.
6. There is also a new pcaClientInstallManager.exe that is installed with the Hot Fix, on the Altiris Server under Notification Server\NSCap\bin\Win32\X86\pcaAgent. If you right click on pcaClientInstallManager.exe and go to Details you will see the new version of 12.6.8209.7.
There will be no noticeable changes of the Client PCAnywhere plug-in version which will still be 12.6.8096 if it has been previously installed from 12.6.7 pcAnywhere Solution.
If Installing from pcAnywhere plugin Install for Windows - Install or Upgrading from pcAnywhere plugin Install for Windows - upgrade there will be a new client pcAnywhere plug-in version which will be 12.6.8209
Refer to the Symantec pcAnywhere 12.6.7 Hot Fix (HF1) Readme for More information on the Release: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6435
NOTE: There is an update to pcAnywhere Solution 12.6.7 required if the Symantec Management Platform server has been upgraded to 7.5, see the article pcAnywhere solution filters are not properly populated in the SMP 7.5 release for more information.
Rate this Article