Add Battery Backup Unit (BBU) monitoring logic, which includes:
Sending email alerts to the customer if the BBU develops a problem.
Sending BBU information to the Call Home server, so that Symantec Technical Support can proactively resolve issues with BBU.
Update adapter firmware to version 11.0.1-0057.
Disable disk cache of the RAID adapter.
The Battery Backup Unit monitoring logic has been added, and the following alert criteria has been updated:
1. Absolute Charge > 130%
2. Absolute Charge <= 67% AND Learn Cycle is not Active AND Charging Status is None
An email alert to customer will be sent if any of the above criteria is true.
- Complete the initial configuration of the Backup Exec Appliance.
- Ensure the appliance has internet connectivity to the Symantec LiveUpdate Server.
- Log on to the Backup Exec appliance web UI.
- Navigate to Manage > Update Information.
- Select Check and Download Updates.
- Navigate to the Schedule Updates tab, and then select Install Now.
- After the updates are installed, restart the appliance.
Note: Before restarting the appliance, pause or cancel active backup jobs, or wait for them to finish.
This patch is applicable for following Backup Exec appliance software versions:
After the update it will show as version:
Imported Document Id