The Task Server (TS) publishes its URL to the Symantec Management Platform (SMP) using the internal Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
This is a known issue. There is no specific code in the TS to send/receive Task Server FQDN. When we create a list of available Task Servers, we get FQDN names for TS's from Inv_AeX_AC_TCPIP database table using the fnTM_GetComputerResourceFQDN function.
For Task Servers installed on ITMS 7.5 SP1 Agents (7.5.3153) or later:
Create a new registry key, which will allow an alternate domain name used in the FQDN strings which will be used in the generation of HTTP & HTTPS codebases by Task Server.
The key should be created manually under registry hive:
- Key name: "FQDN Replacement"
- Key type: REG_MULTI_SZ
- Key format: <system DomainName to replace>:<new DomainName>
- example: "MyDomain.local:MyDomain.com"
Multiple lines are supported. The first found match will be used for replacement of Domain name in "Identification", "TCPIP", "TCPIPv6" dataclasses.
FQDN names for TS servers are taken from Inv_AeX_AC_TCPIP.
For Task Servers installed on ITMS 7.5 SP1 HF 5 Agents (7.5.3300):
To use an alternate hostname post 7.5 you will need 7.5 SP1 HF5. Download and install the attached 7.5 sp1 HF 5 pointfix then go to the agent settings and specify an alternate URL for the NS. When the task server list is sent down to the client this URL will be used in addition to the normal URL of the SMP.
For Task Servers installed on pre 7.5 SP1 Agents:
A pointfix must be installed to use the above registry key.
See the attached DLLs: AeXBasicInventory.dll and AeXBasicInventory-x86.dll for 7.5 initial agent release And AeXBasicInventory-HF3.dll and AeXBasicInventory-x86-HF3.dll for the HF3 agent release named accordingly.
- On task server machine stop AexNSClient (Symantec Management Agent) service
- Back-up original AeXBasicInventory.dll located in Agent directory, by default "c:\program files\altiris\altiris agent\"
- Replace the AeXBasicInventory.dll with the appropriate file listed below and attached to this article
- For 64bit OS of Task Server: Copy AeXBasicInventory.dll to the Agent directory, by default "c:\program files\altiris\Altiris agent\"
- For 32bit OS of Task Server: Copy AeXBasicInventory-x86.dll to the Agent directory, by default "c:\program files\altiris\Altiris agent\" and rename it to AeXBasicInventory.dll
- For 64bit OS of Task Server with 7.5 HF3 agent: Copy AeXBasicInventory-HF3.dll to the Agent directory, by default "c:\program files\altiris\Altiris agent\" and rename it to AeXBasicInventory.dll
- For 32bit OS of Task Server with 7.5 HF3 agent: Copy AeXBasicInventory-x86-HF3.dll to the Agent location, by default "c:\program files\altiris\Altiris agent\" and rename it to AeXBasicInventory.dll
- Start the AexNSClient service.
To resolve the same issue with a Package Server, please refer to TECH210809.
ITMS 7.5 environment using Symantec or third party trusted SSL certificates on the SMP and Site Servers serving CEM Agents.
AeXBasicInventory.dll (577.3 KB)
AeXBasicInventory-x86.dll (461.3 KB)
AeXBasicInventory-HF3.dll (578.8 KB)
AeXBasicInventory-x86-HF3.dll (463.3 KB)
7.5 sp1 HF5 pointfix to allow alternate URL setting to work as possible site server
7.5_SP1_HF5_PF3691137.zip (380.0 KB)
Rate this Article