When Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition (SEP SBE) cloud is installed on a computer, it assumes all host-based firewall functionality.
To allow or block ports for a single computer or computer group, you need to create and use custom firewall rules in SEP SBE.
- Log in to the SEP SBE cloud management console.
- Click the Policies tab.
- In the left pane, under Services, click Endpoint Protection.
- In the right pane, select the custom policy you want to modify.
Note: The Endpoint Protection Default Policy is read-only; you cannot edit this default policy. To create a new custom policy, see Create custom security policies.
- In the custom policy, under Network Protection, expand Firewall Rules.
- Click Add Rule.
The Add Rule dialog box appears.
- For Rule Name, type a name for the rule.
- Set the following parameters to allow or block communications depending on your needs:
- Connections: Allow or Block
- Connection Type: Inbound, Outbound, or Inbound & Outbound
- Any Computers
- Any Computer in the Local Subnet
- Choose Computers
- Host Name
- IP Address Range
- Network Address by IP and Subnet.
- TCP and UDP
- All Types (e.g. all ports)
- Custom List - Use either Known Ports from List, Individually Specific Ports, or Port Range. Lastly, you can specify if the port is Local or Remote.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
- Under Groups, select the group(s) to apply the custom policy to.
- Click Save & Apply.
See Configuring Firewall Rules for more information.
Imported Document Id