When Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition (SEP SBE) is installed on a workstation it assumes all host based firewall functionality. Custom firewall rules may need to be created to allow necessary communications for applications in the environment including allowing or blocking ports.
From the SBE cloud management console.
- Open the Policies tab and select Endpoint Protection on the left navigation pane. If you are still using the default Endpoint Protection policy create a new one as the default policy is Read-Only (as described in How to create custom Antivirus (AV) policies)
- Under Network Protection - Expand Firewall Rules and click Add Rule
- In the dialog box that opens name the rule as desired and set the rule parameters to allow or block communication
- Connections: Allow or Block
- Connection Type: Inbound, Outbound or Inbound and Outbound
- Computers: Any Computers, Any Computer in the Local Subnet or Choose Computers (From Choose Computers you may set the computer by it's Host Name, IP Address Range or Network Address by IP and Subnet)
- Communications:TCP, UDP, TCP and UDP, ICMP, ICMPv6 or All. You may then select All Types (i.e. all ports) Or from the Custom List select Known Ports from List, Individually Specific Ports or Port Range. You may also specify if the port is Local or Remote
- Click Ok to close the dialog and then select the Group(s) you wish to be affected by this policy and click Save & Apply
See Configuring Firewall Rules for more information.
Imported Document Id