The Scheduled Reports feature in SEP SBE allows administrators to more closely monitor their environment and gather a variety of data to assist with reporting and administration. These reports can be configured and compiled from either the Hosted Endpoint Portal (https://hostedendpoint.spn.com), or the Partner Management Console (https://manage.symanteccloud.com) in the case of Symantec Partners (resellers). This document will discuss the process for setup, and options that are available, when configuring these reports.
Creating Scheduled Reports from the Hosted Endpoint Portal
This is the most common method for report creation and can be used by Partners if the desired reporting template isn't available in the Partner Management Console.
- Select the Reports tab after logging into your portal
- Choose a report to run so the configuration can be saved as a template for future reports.
- Go through the report wizard selecting the date range and users who will receive the report. Make sure to check the box that says "Save these settings as a template that I can use again later" on the third screen and to move the contact email of anyone who wants to receive the schedules reports to the "Email Recipients" box on the right side of screen four.
- Back on the Reports tab select Scheduled Reports in the upper left hand corner.
- Click on the “Add Scheduled Report” button and create the new scheduled report with the template that was just created.
Creating Scheduled Reports from the Partner Management Console
Scheduled reports are created under the Reports tab on the Partner Management Console and Separate reports can be created for each customer associated with the PMC.
- Select the Reports tab then click Add.
- Name the report and select the report type, then click next.
- Go through the report creation wizard and specify which customer the template will be created for. Make sure and check the box that says “Save these settings as a template that I can use again later."
- Select which PMC admins will receive the report and check the box that says “email the report as an attached file” and then generate the report.
- The newly generated report can now been seen under the “Report Templates” tab and is can be used to create scheduled reports.
- Select the Schedule Reports tab and click the add button.
- Specify when the report should be run and which template to use.
- Click Submit. This will finalize the scheduled report and will engage it as determined in the setup process.
Rate this Article