In specific environments you may need to manage endpoint clients using Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM), instead of using the standard Management Console for Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition (SEP SBE).
This article describes how to download the On-premises version of SEP SBE, install SEPM, and then deploy or install SEP SBE clients.
To download and install the On-premises version
- In the SEP SBE Management Console, navigate to Subscriptions.
- Click Download On-Premise Manager.
- Read the terms and conditions, click I have read the terms and conditions, and click Download.
You will receive an email with the license required to activate the on-premises option.
- Click the link for the version in your localized language. For example Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 & 12.1 - International English.
- Download the following:
- Full Installation: Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_SBE_12.1.5_Part1_Installation_EN.exe
- SEPM: Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_SBE_12.1.5_SEPM_EN.exe
Note: You can also download 32-bit and 64-bit client installation packages and various tools for SEP.
- For assistance installing SEPM and deploying client software, see Install Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 and deploy clients.