You experience one or more of the following errors or scenarios with Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition cloud (SEP SBE):
- Scenario 1: One or more agents display the message, "Pending License Activation," and all protection settings are disabled.
- Scenario 2: One or more agents display the message "Agent is out of sync with policy," and all protection settings are disabled.
- Scenario 3: One or more agents display the message, "Service is expired," and all protection settings display a red "X", except for Safe Surfing or SONAR.
- Scenario 4: One or more agents prompt the user to enter a 13-digit PIN.
- Scenario 5: In the SEP SBE management console, the Computers tab displays the following error when hovering over AT RISK:
- AntiSpyware/SONAR/Smart Firewall/Email Protection/Intrusion Prevention/Browser Protection/Download Intelligence setting is out of sync with the current group policy.
The agent activation process can take several hours to complete.
If agent activation has not occurred within four hours, follow these steps:
- On each affected computer, confirm connectivity to the URLs required for installation and activation.
- Restart the computer in safe mode.
- Delete the following folders, if they exist.
- C:\ProgramData\Norton\00000083 (or on XP > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Norton\00000083)
- C:\ProgramData\Norton\00000082 (or on XP > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Norton\00000082)
Note: The ProgramData folder is hidden by default. You can access this folder by typing
%in Windows Explorer, or by showing hidden files and folders.
- Restart the computer. The agent will attempt to activate itself.
- If the agent still does not activate, remove and re-add the Antivirus service.
Imported Document Id