Issues addressed in this hotfix are listed at the bottom of this TechFile. VERITAS Volume Manager 3.0 for Windows 2000 Service Pack 1 is required to be installed prior to installing this hotfix. Please review the Volume Replicator Readme for additional instructions on installing and uninstalling the hotfix, and for more details on the issues addressed by this hotfix.
Use the following steps to download and extract this hotfix:
1. Scroll to the bottom of this TechFile and click Download Now
2. When prompted, select Save This Program To Disk and click OK.
3. At the next screen, select a location to save the file and click Save.
4. After the download completes, click Open to open the VERITAS Self-Extractor. Optionally, click Close if you prefer to extract the file at a later time. When you are ready to extract it, navigate to the location where it was saved and double-click the file to open the VERITAS Self-Extractor.
5. Select a location to save the extracted files, and then extract the contents by clicking the Extract button
The package contains the following files:
- Package ID
Volume Manager Readme
VERITAS Volume Replicator Readme
The Hotfix installation file, VMW2K30HF03b.msi.
6. Click OK at the message "All files have been extracted." The Volume Replicator Readme will open automatically. View the Readme for installation and uninstallation instructions, and for issues addressed in this hotfix.
While Synchronous replication was occuring, the secondary would toggle between connected and disconnected state.
Invalid error message displayed when the primary RVG is stopped while replication is occuring.
Offlining the RVG resource in a MSCS cluster set up fails to stop the primary RVG.
A RVG in a failed state cannot be stopped.
Recovery of Mirrored Striped volumes which are under a RVG fails after disk group deport and import.
A Migrate operation, followed by a Takeover operation and deport of the disk group on the new primary caused the the secondary host to crash with stop code 0x1E
Under heavy I/O, a primary host that has a RVG made up of Mirrored Striped data and SRL volumes crashes with BAD_POOl_CALLER.
With the primary clustered, attaching the secondary may cause the secondary RVG to go into a configuration error state.
System crashes when a disk containing a non-mirrored DCM is offlined while autosync of the secondary was in progress and a Rescan was done.
Associating a volume using vxrvg assoc command does not disallow RAID-5 volume
Secondary may crash with STOP 0x1E error after a migrate operation is done.
A Primary host having all Mirrored Striped volumes in the RVG would crash with stop code 0xD1 during heavy write operations.
vxrlink recover fails to recover an unrecovered rlink.
Creation of a single plex DCM not allowed.
Rate this Article