When I run the File Snapshot Generation Wizard, it results in a C++ runtime error. This wizard is accessible from Start > Programs > Altiris > Solutions > Application Management > Files > Wizard.
The error dialog will occur during the "Snapshot Generation" step in the wizard. When the Next button is clicked, the Snapshot Generation executable is run, producing the error:
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"
Program: ...in32\x86\Application Mgmt Solution\Programs\baseline.exeThis application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
- Back up the local_master.bls file located in the NSCap > Bin > Win32 > X86 > Application Mgmt Solution > FileBaselinePackage directory.
- Navigate to Start > Programs > Altiris > Solutions > Application Management > Files and execute the Configuration Editor.
- Create a new configuration file using the editor (making changes as necessary) and then save the file to "local_master.bls" in the NSCap > Bin > Win32 > X86 > Application Mgmt Solution > FileBaselinePackage directory.
- Open the Notification Server console and click the "Tasks" tab. Expand Software Management > Application Management > Application Management Wizard.
- Click Run Application Management Wizard.
- Choose the Create a Baseline Scan option and select File. This will create a new File Baseline Scan, just as the "File Snapshot Generation Wizard" would have.
- Click Next to open the wizard.
- Choose the Select individual computer by name option and choose Browse to specify a resource. Once the resource has been specified, click Apply.
- Verify that the option to Run this task 'As Soon as Possible' is selected.
- Click Next to confirm the selections.
- If necessary, rename the task and then click Finish.
- Click Close to exit the wizard.
Note:The resulting baseline snapshot file can be obtained from the computer resource specified in Step 8 under the <InstallDir>\Altiris\eXpress\Baseline folder, named "Local_Master.bls". To use this file to run compliance scans, move the file to a local directory on the Notification Server where it can be accessed by the File Compliance Scan wizard.
Application Managment Solution 6.0, 6.1