Learn how to manage and resolve either detected or undetected security threats using Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP), and stay up-to-date on security best practices.
Manage detected threats
Learn how to manage or learn more about detected threats.
- Ransomware protection and removal
- Threat troubleshooting and removal
- False positive submissions
- Threat-specific removal tools
Other security resources
Manage undetected threats (suspicious files)
Learn how to handle suspected threats that go undetected.
- SymDiag Threat Analysis - Identify suspicious files with the Threat Analysis Scan in SymDiag.
- Submit suspicious files - Learn how to collect suspicious files and submit to Symantec Security Response.
- False negative submissions - To report a suspected false negative file conviction, contact Support.
Scanning for undetected threats
If a suspected threat is undetected, check the following before additional scanning.
- Ensure content and definitions is up-to-date on the client computers.
- Ensure you are connected to the Download Insight servers:
To scan for threats:
- Endpoint Protection Manager: Running on-demand scans on client computers
- Endpoint Protection clients: Scanning your Windows client computer immediately
Other threat scan tools:
- Power Eraser - Power Eraser provides aggressive scanning and analysis to help resolve issues with heavily infected Windows computers.
Security best practices