Issues addressed in this hotfix are listed in the Supplemental Material section of this TechFile. Review the Volume Manager Readme for additional instructions on installing and uninstalling the hotfix, and for more details on the issues addressed by this hotfix.
Note: This hotfix replaces the previously published Volume Manager 3.1 for Windows 2000 Hotfix 01 to address an issue with the VERITAS Enterprise Administrator (tm) upgrade (116687). Remove HotFix 01 before installing this hotfix.
To download and extract this hotfix, follow the instructions given below:
1. Scroll to the bottom of this TechFile and click Download Now
2. When prompted, select Save This Program To Disk, and then click OK
3. At the next screen, select a location to save the file, and then click Save
4. After the download completes, click Open to open the VERITAS Self-Extractor. Optionally, click Close to extract the file at a later time. When the file is to be extracted, navigate to the location where it was saved, and then double-click the file to open the VERITAS Self-Extractor
5. Select a location to save the extracted files, and then extract the contents by clicking Extract. The package contains the following files:
Note: Installing Volume Manager 3.1 for Windows 2000 Hotfix 01f precludes installing Volume Replicator 3.1 for Windows 2000 Hotfix 01f, as they are the same.
SNMP alerts sent from Array Manager to a Management Console are disabled
AV in VEA upon completion of ReplaceDisk API operation ...
vxassist f unassign command returns - Volume currently in use
VxSvc.exe intermittently causing CPU utilization to go up to 40-50%
VXERROR_UNEXPECTED is returned from VxGetDiskInfo upon disk insertions ...
Adds a force (-f) option to the vxassist delete command
The Add Mirror and Snap Start commands fail on volumes larger than 1 TB
vxio bugchecks on SONIC hardware after few fail-overs....
Mirror resynch stops after running breaker script on SONIC
SONIC stalls while running IO breaker script ...
[FMR] Fast Mirror Resynch of mirror over two storage arrays takes longer than expected.
Cannot start testmgr.exe while VM is installed.
Client does not receive alerts upon reconnection
A VCS-controlled disk group resource can be deported even if the disk group is online
Vxio disconnect errors may occur and paths may be marked as "Not Healthy" during an EMC Symmetrix bin file change
Vxsvc.exe takes 99% CPU during include/exclude array operation
VCS or MSCS: The Reactivate Disk command may be unavailable to online the disks of a degraded mirrored volume