Issues addressed in this hotfix are listed at the bottom of this TechFile. Please review the Volume Replicator Readme for additional instructions on installing and uninstalling the hotfix, and for more details on the issues addressed by this hotfix.
Note: This hotfix replaces the previously published VERITAS Volume Replicator 3.1 for Windows 2000 HotFix01 to address an issue with the VERITAS Enterprise Administrator upgrade (116687). Remove HotFix01 before installing this hotfix.
Use the following steps to download and extract this hotfix:
1. Scroll to the bottom of this TechFile and click Download Now
2. When prompted, select Save This Program To Disk and click OK.
3. At the next screen, select a location to save the file and click Save.
4. After the download completes, click Open to open the VERITAS Self-Extractor. Optionally, click Close if you prefer to extract the file at a later time. When you are ready to extract it, navigate to the location where it was saved and double-click the file to open the VERITAS Self-Extractor.
5. Select a location to save the extracted files, and then extract the contents by clicking the Extract button. The package contains the following files:
Note: Installing VERITAS Volume Replicator 3.1 for Windows 2000 - HotFix01f precludes installing VERITAS Volume Manager 3.1 for Windows 2000 - HotFix01f, as they are the same.
Changing packet_size attribute on connected RLINK causes data corruption.
A SQL backup of the SQL database residing on the replicated volumes takes a long time to complete.
Rlinks do not go to connected state after changing their remote_host and local_host properties.
Data loss on the Secondary may result if it disconnects and reconnects when performing Autosync operation on the replicated volumes that are more than 32GB in size.
In asynchronous mode of replication the migrate operation may not execute successfully.
Replication hangs if packet_size set greater than 64400.
Any change in the IP address configuration is reflected in the VVR GUI after a delay.
If the Primary is restarted when the replicator log is about to overflow, the replicator log becomes inconsistent and the Secondary nodes get detached.
After growing volumes using VVR explorer does not show correct capacity
Rate this Article