Learn how to configure spam settings for Email Security.cloud correctly, and how to submit false negatives or false positives, for either spam, malware, or other security threats.
- Spam-based false positives or false negatives
- Threat-based false positives or false negatives
- Submit false negative using Emai Submission Service
- Manage and troubleshoot spam
- Best practices
Manually submit Spam-based false positives or negatives
- Submit false negatives for spam email not flagged as spam
- Submit false positives for legitimate email flagged as spam
- Use Email Track and Trace or check the email headers to ensure that the email was scanned by Symantec.cloud.
- Forward a copy of the email as attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not want to receive email from the sender in the future, add the email address to the appropriate blocked sender list.
- If you believe the sender has already been added to the blocked sender list, confirm that you added the envelope sender address to the list. You can confirm this by looking at the sender as reported in Email Track & Trace.
Manually submit Threat-based false positives or false negatives
- Submit false negatives for email not flagged as a threat
- Submit false positives for email improperly flagged as a threat
Submit false negative using Emai Submission Service
Manage and troubleshoot spam
Anti-spam best practices