Urgent: Upgrading Schemus from version 1.39/1.47 to 1.50
As per Symantec commitment to provide best-in-class encryption to our customers, support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) version 1.0 will be discontinued as of June 15th 2018. As such, Schemus Synchronization Tool, which extracts user information (email address, user, and group) from your LDAP directory service and provides user identity data to your Email Security.cloud and Web Security.cloud Security services must be upgraded to the latest 1.50 version.
- Email Security.cloud
- Web Security.cloud
We urge customers to upgrade to the latest Schemus 1.50 version
Checking current version: Open Schemus>Help>About Schemus>Schemus Synchronizer Version
Important notes before upgrading
- If upgrading a 64-bit Windows application to a 32-bit application, the 64-bit version will not be uninstalled. We recommend uninstalling the 64-bit version first if reinstalling or upgrading to a 32-bit version.
- Windows scheduled tasks will need to be recreated if installing for a different architecture (64/32 bit).
- The bundled java certificate store will be replaced. Any custom certificates (e.g. for SSL communication to the directory) will be lost.
- Make a backup of the existing Schemus folder which can be found here:
Windows XP & Server 2003:
C:\Documents and Settings\ AllUsers\ApplicationData\Schemus
Windows 7, 8, Vista & Server 2008, 2012:
*You may need to enable the view of hidden files and folders in Windows
- Ensure that all other applications running on the computer are closed before you start the installation process.
- Download the latest version of Schemus from https://clients.messagelabs.com > Tools > Downloads
- Start the installer
- For Windows systems, click the executable file that you downloaded from the portal.
For Linux systems, open a terminal, ensure that the execute permission is set on the installer file, and run it. For example
$ chmod+x Schemus_linux_jre.sh
- In the Welcome dialog, click Next
- In the License Agreement dialog box, read and acknowledge the agreement, and click Next
- In the Select Destination Directory dialog box, choose the directory in which to install the tool; for example C:ProgramFiles Schemus . Click Next
This step is skipped if the installation is an upgrade from a previous version of the tool
- In the Select Start Menu Folder dialog box, choose where you want to launch the Synchronization Tool from; the Start menu for Windows, and Symlinks for Linux. Click Next
- In the Select Configuration Directory dialog box, select a destination for the configuration settings and then click Next
Configuration settings determine the types of synchronization that you can to perform email, users, and groups. If you upgrade to a later version of the Synchronization Tool, you can keep your existing settings or create new ones.
If you want multiple users to run the tool, select a shared directory
- In the Office 365 modules dialog box, select the Office 365 source modules that you want to use. Note that you can only select these sources if your system satisfies the requirements.
- In the Information dialog box, read the release information and then click Next
- Click Finish to exit the setup wizard
*Once the upgrade is completed it is advised to perform a "Refresh" before proceeding with update.
If you have scheduled synchronization task, verify the settings are still correct or follow the steps below to create a new synchronization schedule. Windows scheduled tasks will need to be re-created if installing for a different architecture (64/32 bit).
To remove a synchronization schedule
- Open Schemus
- Click on Configuration > Schedule
- Click Clear
The calendar icon is grayed to show that the synchronization is no longer scheduled.
To schedule a synchronization:
- Click Schedule to set a time for the synchronization profile to run
- Specify a time in Run at
- Specify a recurring time in then run every
- Choose the days to run from on the drop-down list
- Click Day of Month or Day of Week and make your selections. If you select both Days of Month and Day of Week, the Synchronization Tool runs as follows:
Every month on the chosen date, and Every week on the chosen day.
Click Schedule to save the changes.