1. Set Variable to C:\Windows\System32\Notepad.exe
2. Add a Check In-Use file action and set the Variable to TEST.
3. Display a message to see what value is returned from the variable TEST.
Open Notepad.exe from the System32 directory and then run the .EXE. No value will be returned. Close down Notepad and the value Not In-Use will be returned.
If you are using Wise Installation Studio 7.0, or Wise Installation Studio 7 SP1, perform the following to correct the Check In-use File action. If you are using Wise Package Studio 7.0 SP2 please refer to KB article #35150.
1. Make a backup of the file <Wise Installation Studio>\WiseScript Package Editor\Actions\Check In-use File.wse. By default, this is C:\Program Files\Altiris\Wise Installation Studio\WiseScript Package Editor\Actions\Check In-use File.wse.
2. In WiseScript Package Editor open Check In-use File.wse
3. From the View menu select Line Numbers
4. Find the action Call DLL %sys32%\kernel32.dll Function GetLastError. It should be located at line 9.
5. Move that action up in the script to line 7 (between the CreateFileA and SetFileAttributesA DLL calls)
6. Double-click on line 4 (Call DLL %sys32%\kernel.dll Function GetFileAttributesA)
7. In the Call a function with variable parameter list field, double click the entry whose value is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE\EXCEL.EXE
8. Replace the path to EXCEL.EXE with %_INUSE_PATH_%
9. Repeat steps 5-7 for lines 5, and 8 (both lines are Call DLL %sys32%\kernel.dll Function SetFileAttributesA actions)
10. Save the Check In-use File.wse
Wise Installation Studio 7.0
Imported Document Id