Steps to reproduce:
- Run SetupCapture tool.
- Click Next on the Welcome dialog.
- Specify a location for the .wsi in the Target Installation field. Click Next.
- Click Next again.
- Select Snapshot on the Capture Methodology dialog. Click Next.
- Browse to C:\Windows\Notepad.exe in the .EXE Name field. Click Execute.
- When Notepad is launched, enter some text and save the file to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\test.txt.
- Close Notepad.
- Click Next through the remaining dialogs in the SetupCapture wizard.
- Run the compiled .msi.
The file is installed to C:\Documents and Settings\<current user>\Application Data instead of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.
After the SetupCapture is completed, the value in the Directory_ field in the Component table is AppDataFolder instead of CommonAppDataFolder.
This issue has been fixed Wise Package Studio 7 SP3.
A hotfix has been created for this issue. This hotfix can only be installed to a machine that has Wise Package Studio 7.0 SP2.
- Download the hotfix from here
- Unzip and run WPS_7.0_SP2_HF32880.EXE on a computer with Wise Package Studio 7.0 SP2 server.
If you do not want to install the hotfix, the following steps will allow you to workaround the issue:
- Go to Installation Expert > Files page.
- Windows\Profiles\All Users so that the Application Data folder can be seen.
- Select Windows\Profiles\Application Data.
- Highlight the files that should go to All Users\Application Data.
- Drag them into the Windows\Profiles\All Users\Application Data folder.
Wise Package Studio 7.0 SP2