2809 On the dialog  the next control pointers do not form a cycle.
There is a pointer from  to , but there is no further pointer
Steps to reproduce:
- Install attached .MSI.
- Install MyMSI.MSI again this time from Start > Run using the command line:
msiexec /i "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\MyMsi.msi" REINSTALL="ALL"
The 2809 error is thrown at when the installation starts.
Also causes ice23 to appear during validation.
and is available free from Microsoft
Workaround: In order to change the template so that all future .msi files do not exhibit this behavior follow these steps after backing up the Windows Application.wsi in the C:\Program Files\Altiris\Wise Installation Studio\Windows Installer Editor\Templates\File directory:
- Open the Windows Installer Editor and browse out to open the Windows Application.WSI Template in C:\Program Files\Altiris\Wise Installation Studio\Windows Installer Editor\Templates\File.
- Open Setup Editor and select the Dialogs tab.
- Select the Resume_Install_Dialog.
- Right-click on the dialog and select Set Tab Order.
- Click on each control until all of them are numbered and the boxes disappear.
- If the boxes don't disappear, select the text control in the center of the dialog a second time. There are two controls here, and the cycle will not complete until each control has been selected. The number in the box will increment by one.
- Save the template back to the same location.
To fix an existing application, follow steps 2–7 in the .msi exhibiting this behavior.
Wise Installation System 7
Windows XP* SP2
Imported Document Id