When running a report, or when the NS console has sat idle for a time, a "Microsoft Internet Explorer" box will occasionally pop up with the following content:
Data for the page you are currently viewing has expired. The url below will reload into the console and all user entered data will be lost.
There are at least 2 different causes for this error message:
1) IIS settings for the Altiris published web page are set to allow content to expire.
2) There is a DNS Issue with the Server name alias
Resolution 1: - Open the IIS Manager from Administrative Tools.
- Browse down to the Default Web site, which should be under " Web Sites > Default Web Site"
- Highlight the Altiris virtual website, right-click, and select Properties.
- Click on the HTTP Headers tab.
- Uncheck the option “Enable content expiration”. Or set the "Expire after" value to a longer time period.
This should disable content expiration on the Altiris virtual and child websites.
Resolution 2: - Use an IP address to access the Notification Server.