Files in Service Pack, Hotfix, or Device Driver Installer (DDI) would revert to the original revision
This issue is related to the symptoms shown below:
Files in the service pack or hotfix would revert to the original revision when executing the DDI.
Files in the device driver would revert to the original revision when installing service pack or hotfix
Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) Preparation Wizard might report the following error messages due to the rollback of the files when creating the Bootable CD Image or Bootable Tape Image.
"IDR\disk4\bnchmrk2.vs_" not found in the image.
"IDR\disk4\exb_110.vs_" not found in the image.
"IDR\disk4\nec_t40a.vs_" not found in the image.
"IDR\disk4\sony_csm.vs_" not found in the image.
4 warnings encountered during image creation.
Note1: The device driver which has been installed on the system would be intact. However, it would be affected if the device driver is installed again. The Device Driver for IDR would be always affected unless following the workaround.
Note2: This issue would occur with any combination of currently published DDI and service pack or hotfix.
Workaround: Please follow the steps given below to prevent the issue.
A. When IDR option is NOT being used:
1. Install the latest service pack
2. Install hotfixes published later than the service pack
3. Execute the latest Device Driver Installer (DDI) even if the same version has been installed.
If another hotfix needs to be installed after the workaround, follow steps 2 and 3 again.
If another DDI needs to be installed after the workaround, just execute the DDI.
B. When IDR option is being used:
1. Create a folder to save the latest IDR modules.
Note: Do not create the folder under <Backup Exec Installed Folder>\idr. It may cause an error of IDR Preparation Wizard.
2. Save IDR modules given below onto the created folder. If these modules have been saved, compare the time stamp and save new one.
5. Install hotfixes published later than the service pack.
6. Save the modules if current modules are later than the saved modules.
7. Execute the latest DDI even if the same version has been installed.
8. Save the modules if current modules are later than the saved modules.
9. Copy back the latest saved modules onto the original place.
10. Get a full backup.
11. Run the IDR Preparation Wizard and create a Bootable CD Image, Bootable Tape Image, or Full set of boot diskettes for the Windows Installation
If another hotfix needs to be installed after the workaround, follow steps 2, 3 and 5 through 11 again.
If another DDI needs to be installed after the workaround, follow steps 7 through 11 again.
Symantec Corporation has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) of the product(s) mentioned at the end of this article. Symantec is committed to product quality and satisfied customers. There are currently no plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix in the current or previous versions of the software at the present time. This issue may be resolved in a future major revision of the software at a later time. However, this particular issue is not currently scheduled for any release. If you feel this issue has a direct business impact for you and your continued use of the product, please contact your Symantec Sales representative or the Symantec Sales group to discuss these concerns. For information on how to contact Symantec Sales, please see http://www.symantec.com. Please be sure to refer back to this document periodically as any changes to the status of the issue will be reflected here.
DDI replaces bedrwiz.exe with the older version
SP1/hotfix replaces DDI files with the older version
Imported Document Id
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.