The following binaries of Recovery Agent installation package were updated due to major client side fixes recently made:
Updated client installation packages: Data1.cab for 32-bit and 64-bit client computers are uploaded to the attachments in .rar format. To unpack the Data1.cab, place all them to the same folder and start extraction from the self-extractable exe file.
The Data1.cab needs to be updated to the following locations:
- Folder Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\Bin\Win32\X86\Recovery Agent Package located on the Notification Server.
- Folder Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\Bin\Win32\X86\Recovery Agent Package x64 located on the Notification Server.
- Folder Program Files\Altiris\Recovery Solution\Server\Agent\Install located on the Recovery Solution Server.
- Folder Program Files\Altiris\Recovery Solution\Server\Agent\Package located on the Recovery Solution Server.
After Data1.cab is updated with a new one on the server side, all the new client installations will use updated binaries. If it is needed to update existing Recovery Agent following ways can be used:
- Reinstall policy can be sent to the existing Recovery Agent on client computers.
- All the needed binaries can be extracted from the Data1.cab using ASPack.exe utility and replaced on the Recovery Agent installed on the client computer manually. More information about ASPack.exe is available in article 24583.