Client computers with a proxy server configured and enabled on Internet Explorer* are unable to regiester with Task Server as the communications traffic is being sent to the proxy and being denied.
The Altiris Agent log shows:
<event date='May 23 14:44:43' severity='8' hostName='Host name' source='Client Task Agent' module='Client Task Agent.dll' process='AeXNSAgent.exe' pid='1024' thread='3064' tickCount='23041218' >
<![CDATA[CTaskServerConnection::Register(): CAtrsHttpException exception, error = "An error was returned in the response", Http error = 407, at line 90
re-throw at CAtrsAutoAuthenticateHttpRequest::ProcessResponse
re-throw at CAtrsAutoAuthenticateHttpRequest::SendRequest
re-throw at CClientTaskServerConn::UpdateCoordinationServerList
re-throw at CClientTaskServerConn::Register]]></event>
It was confirmed that:
- The Notification Server has the proxy settings correctly set.
- All other Altiris pages are no returning the error; manually testing postevent, getclientconfig, and createresource pages directly from Internet Explorer generated no errors in either the Proxy or the Altiris Agent logs.
- The Altiris Agent is using the proxy correctly as forcing an Update configuration via the Altiris Agent UI generated no errors in either the proxy or Altiris Agent logs.
- The Registry keys for the proxy settings are correctly set on the Altiris Agents (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Altiris\Communications\Proxy...).
- The above error only occurs when the task server policy "Agent configuration" is started by the agents (which by default is every 5 minutes). At this point you will see in the logs the error HTTP 407.
- The error is generated when trying to connect to any ClientTask page, though the biggest offender is GetClientTaskServers.aspx as all clients are trying to check for new tasks or configurations.
- Disabling the proxy setting in Internet Explorer allows the task agent to work correctly.
Notification Server 6.0 SP3 R7
Task Server 6.0