I installed an .MSI that has various features, and the end-user can pick which features he wants installed.
If users decide that they want to modify the installation and select another feature and install it, after the initial installation, the Firewall Exception list is not updating to include the newly installed features.Steps to reproduce:
- Create new .wsi.
- Add more than one feature to the .wsi.
- Add one .exe to each feature.
- From the Firewall Exeception page, add each .exe from step 3.
- Compile and run the installation. Choosing just one of the features.
- Relaunch the MSI, choosing Modify and install an additional feature.
When creating Firewall Exceptions, our custom action creates an .INI file that contains the information regarding the Firewall Exception. When the installation is modified, the custom action to remove the Firewall Exceptions is being executed which removes the .INI file. Since the .INI file does not exist at the time the custom action to create the Firewall Exceptions is executed, the Firewall Exceptions are not created.
- After adding the Firewall Exceptions, go to the MSI Script > Execute Deferred tab
- Find the WiseRemoveFirewall custom action
- Change the condition for the action to be 'If REMOVE="ALL" AND VersionNT >500'
Note: This issue is resolved with the release of Wise Package Studio version 8.0 on 29 OCT 2009, and
the release of Wise Installation Studio 7 SP2 on 15 March 2010.
Wise Installation Studio 7.x
Wise Package Studio 7.x