Steps to Reproduce:
- Open up WiseScript Editor (or WiseScript Package Editor)
- Create a Search for file action.
- Change the search depth to 15.
- Place the file that you are searching for in a directory that contains 14 folders. Place this file in the last folder.
- Make the entire character string, Filename + Folders, Greater then 266 characters.
- Retest the script changing the characters so that they total 255 characters.
- Test again with the characters between 257-266 characters.
When the character string goes beyond 266 the installation should not crash or abort. A dialog should prompt the creator stating that the string has exceeded its maximum limit (or something of the sort).
Workaround: Shorten the character string length of all the directories so that they are less then 266 characters, or change the search depth.