There are two NS's in hierarchy, parent and child. When replicated items are deleted from parent, they are not deleted from the child.
Customer has this issue with policies, reports, tasks and filters.
1. Clone a client task and server task
2. Run complete schedule for the Replication.. these tasks are replicated to child NS
3. Delete the client and server task and the parent NS
4. Run differential schedule
5. These tasks are not deleted in child NS
Since replicated items are read-only on child, these can not be deleted manually either.
Note: The expected behavior for items replicated can be found on HOWTO9696 "Are hierarchy replicated resources which are deleted at the parent NS also deleted at the child NS on subsequent replications?"
Symantec Development is aware of the issue and it is working on providing a resolution on this. A defect entry has been created and it is under investigation.
There is not a workaround at this point due to the complexity of the processes involved on Replication.
Symantec Management Platform 7.0 SP1 & SP2
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.