This hotfix can only be applied to the following versions of Storage Exec:
What issues does this hotfix resolve?
This hotfix resolves the following issues:
- Some PST files are not blocked.
- Japanese version "Out of Allocated Space" report fails.
- Out of Allocated Space report definition doesn't work.
Which files does this hotfix update?
After installing the hotfix, the attributes of the installed files will change as indicated in the table below. Note that the date and time are stored in Universal Time. When looking at the date and time of the files on the server where the hotfix was installed, they will be converted to local time. Use the Date and Time tool provided by Windows to determine the difference between universal time and local time.
Hotfix 8 updates the following files in addition to those files updated by Hotfixes 1 through 7; see the Related Documents section below for details on Hotfixes 1 through 7.
How to install this hotfix:
1. Close Storage Exec if it's open
2. Run SE2190RHF8.exe (this is the default name of Hotfix 8 when it is downloaded)
3. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard
4. A reboot of the system is required after installing this hotfix.
Note: A prompt requesting a reboot may not be displayed, but a reboot is required.
How to uninstall this hotfix:
Once this hotfix has been installed, it cannot be uninstalled without uninstalling the entire Storage Exec 5.3 application.
Some PST files are not be blocked.
Japanese version "Out of Allocated Space" report fails.
Out of Allocated Space report definition doesn't work.