This hotfix can only be applied to the following versions of Storage Exec:
VERITAS Storage Exec 5.3 Build 2190 (English editions and Japanese editions)
What issues does this hotfix resolve?
- Storage Exec Administration Console discovers all other machines on network while opening
- Storage Exec Administration Console crash with report query failure
- Storage Exec Administration Console Information Desk links fail to invoke called processes
- Storage Exec Remote Administration Console is unable to manage Enterprise Administration Option Remote Server Agents through Preferred Groups
- Storage Exec Administration Console displays blank machine name under Preferred Groups
- Storage Exec Administration Console encounters an Access Violation; SeSnapin crashes in preparation for DllMainCRTStartup
Which files does this hotfix update?
After installing the hotfix, the attributes of the installed files will change as indicated in the table below. Note that the date and time are stored in universal time. When looking at the date and time of the files on the server where the hotfix was installed, they will be converted to local time. Use the Date and Time tool provided by Windows to determine the difference between universal time and local time.
Hotfix 10 updates the following files in addition to those files updated by Hotfix 1 through 9, thus making Hotfix 10 cumulative of all hotfixes through this release.
|File Name||Date||Time||File Version||Size KB|
See the Related Documents section below for details on Hotfixes 1 through 9
How to install this hotfix on a Storage Exec 5.3 server
1. Close Storage Exec if it's open
2. Run SE2190RHF10.exe (this is the default name of Hotfix 10 when it is downloaded)
3. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard
4. A reboot of the system is required after installing this hotfix
Note: A prompt requesting a reboot may not be displayed, but a reboot is required.
How to install this hotfix on a server which has the Storage Exec 5.3 Remote Administration Console, Remote Server Agent, or Remote Workstation Agent
Follow the steps as outlined in TechNote 278677: Installation of hotfixes for VERITAS Storage Exec (tm) 5.3 can only be performed on systems running the full version of Storage Exec. A link to the TechNote can be found below in the Related Documents section.
How to uninstall this hotfix
Once this hotfix has been installed, it cannot be uninstalled without uninstalling the entire Storage Exec 5.3 application.
MMC Discovers all other machines on network while opening
Admin console crash with report query failure
Information Desk links fail to invoke called processes
Unable to manage EAO RSA through RAC preferred groups.
Blank machine name under preferred groups
The SE Console encounters an Access Violation; SeSnapin crashes in preparation for DllMainCRTStartup
Rate this Article