When attempting to deploy the ThinHost from pcAnywhere Quick Connect, a dialog appears with the following error:
Unable to locate the file 'C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\SEEBuilder.exe'
This error is followed by other error messages.
The ThinHost fails to deploy and remote control is not attempted.
pcAQuickConnect.exe depends on the presence of several other files in order to deploy the ThinHost. In both scenarios listed above, some of the files required by this feature are not copied to the computer, resulting in errors when the ThinHost option box is checked.
Use of the ThinHost option was not intended for computers other than the SMP server, so this is not a supported feature on any computer other than the SMP server.
You have two options:
1. Remove the thin host and reinstall the pcAnywhere plug in
- Open the Windows Services and stop 'pcanywhere thin host'
- Access the install files for pcAnywhere at \\<server>\nscap\bin\win32\x86\pcaagent
- Run 'pcaclientinstallmanager /uall' from the share above or copy the files locally and run the executable.
- Reboot the machine.
- Run 'pcaclientinstallmanager /iall' to reinstall
- Update the client configuration
2. Manually copy the missing files to the computer from the SMP server (after the pcAnywhere Quick Connect component has been installed to the computer):
From the SMP server under C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere, copy the following files
to the same location on the computer where the errors occurs.
There are two scenarios in an environment with Symantec Management Platform (SMP) 7.0 and pcAnywhere Solution 12.5:
- Symantec pcAnywhere Quick Connect (pcAQuickConnect.exe) is installed by default on managed computers when the pcA plug-in is installed.
- When the SMC is accessed from a computer other than the SMP server, an ActiveX controls must be installed as well as files for remote control functionality to work. pcAQuickConnect.exe is one of the files that is installed in this scenario.
There is an option "deploy thin host if host is not present" within pcAQuickConnect.exe.