- Altiris Agent for UNIX and Linux 6.2
- Inventory Solution for UNIX and Linux 6.2
- Software Delivery for UNIX and Linux 6.1 SP1
- Push install of the agent (manually selecting AIX 5.3 OS in the 'Install settings' screen)
- Manual install of the agent (using aex-bootstrap)
- Manual uninstall of the agent (using aex-uninstall)
- Enable all Inventory Solution for Unix/AIX tasks
- Enable default Software Delivery sample policy
- Create and enable one additional command-line only software delivery job
All tests were performed using the default settings, i.e., installation path, package paths, run levels, etc.
The following product builds were tested:
- Altirs Agent for UNIX and Linux 6.2.1378 with hotfix Agent for UNIX and Linux KB39189
- Altiris Inventory Solution for UNIX and Linux 6.2.1034
- Altiris Software Delivery Solution for UNIX and Linux 6.1.3006
The testing was performed on the following platform:
|IBM (9110-510) P5 510 pSeries|
|Architecture - PowerPC_POWER5 Speed - 1499 MHz|
There were no errors encountered during any procedure.
The resource shows in the 'All AIX Computers' collection. There is not an existing collection for just AIX 6.1 computers. Cloning a corresponding 5.x collection and modifying the selection criteria easily remedies this.
Note that this test is in no way to be considered exhaustive or to cover all possible run-time configurations, patch levels and environments.