How do I properly configure my Hierarchy/Replication to properly replicate Software Resources that are assigned to Policies within Software Management? This article applies to 7.0 and 7.0 SP1.
Suppose that you have a setup with configured NS hierarchy. You have a parent NS and a child NS. Altiris Software Management Solution is installed on both NSs.
- Create a software resource on parent NS.
- Open that software resource for editing.
- In the opened window go to Package tab and choose to edit a software package.
- In 'Add or Edit Package' web page dialog go to Package Server tab.
- In 'Assign package to' combo box choose 'Package servers individually', and then in Selected Package Server group box select package server instance of a parent NS. Please, see this screenshot for details:
- Verify that a software resource appeared in the list of available packages in the package server of a parent NS. This can be done by opening Altiris Agent > Package Server tab, our software resource should be in the list of packages with package status 'Package is ready'.
- Replicate data to child-level Notification Server computers.
- After replication is complete (software resources are also replicated), verify that a software resource appeared in the list of available packages in the package server of a child NS.
- Create a new Managed Delivery policy, specify replicated software resource. The settings should be set to the options showed in the following screenshot:
Under the Download tab, under the Download using options select 'Use the following settings to download and run'. Check the option 'Run from the server if bandwidth is above:' and select 'any connection speed'.
- After those steps a Managed Delivery policy can be successfully evaluated on the client. A software package will be downloaded and installed on the client.