This hotfix can only be applied to the following versions of Storage Exec:
VERITAS Storage Exec 5.3 Build 2190 (English editions and Japanese editions)
The following issues are resolved with this hotfix:
- Reporting in Storage Exec 5.3 is not backward compatible with StorageCentral 5.2
- A Report will not be emailed when the report is generated in TSV format
- File Blocking allows for renamed WMA files to be saved
- Preferred Computers list from Active Directory is not displayed after installing HF 10
- Blank machine name under Preferred Groups
- SEReport Command Line Interface (CLI) fails on Windows 2003 when a drive specified does not exist
Files updated by this hotfix:
After installing the hotfix, the attributes of the installed files will change as indicated in the table below. Note that the date and time are stored in universal time. When looking at the date and time of the files on the server where the hotfix was installed, they will be converted to local time. Use the Date and Time tool provided by Windows to determine the difference between universal time and local time.
Hotfix 13 updates the following files in addition to those files updated by Hotfix 1 through 12, thus making Hotfix 13 cumulative of all hotfixes through this release.
|File Name||Date||Time (GMT)||Version||Size (KB)|
See the Related Documents section below for details on Hotfixes 1 through 12
How to install this hotfix on a Storage Exec 5.3 server:
1. Close Storage Exec if open
2. Run SE2190RHF13.exe (this is the default name of Hotfix 13 when it is downloaded from the "Download Now" link)
3. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard
4. A reboot of the system is required after installing this hotfix
Note: A prompt requesting a reboot may not be displayed, but a reboot is required.
How to install this hotfix on a server which has the Storage Exec 5.3 Remote Administration Console, Remote Server Agent, or Remote Workstation Agent:
Follow the steps as outlined in TechNote 278677 http://support.veritas.com/docs/278677
How to complete a "silent installation":
Follow the steps as outlined in TechNote 279367 http://support.veritas.com/docs/279367
How to uninstall this hotfix:
Once this hotfix has been installed, it cannot be uninstalled without uninstalling the entire Storage Exec 5.3 application.
Reporting in Storage Exec 5.3 is not backward compatible with StorageCentral 5.2
A report will not get emailed when using the TSV format
File Blocking allows for renamed WMA files to be saved
Preferred Computers list from AD is not displayed after installing HF 10
Blank machine names under preferred groups
SEReport CLI fails on Windows 2003 when a drive specified does not exist.