Following are the steps to implement the workaround for Application Metering Plug-in Issue.
- See the following steps. This will correct the “Application Metering Plug-in for Windows Upgrade” policy on NS. If you have any broken application metering agents because you did not apply the work around and enabled the upgrade policy, run the below steps.
- Import the required object as shown in these screenshots:
- Once imported, continue with the following steps:
- Go to “Symantec Management console > Settings > browse for Agents/Plug-ins > Discovery and Inventory > Windows > Application Metering Plug-in for Windows Uninstall “.
- Enable the policy, remove all the existing targets associated with this uninstall policy and apply the new target “Windows Computers without Application Metering Plug-in” .This target will list all the fresh computers without Application metering agent and also those computers where corrupted upgrade policy uninstalled the Application metering agent.
NOTE: The corrupted Upgrade policy actually doesn’t uninstall Application metering agent rather it unregisters AMAgent.dll (Application metering agent DLL) and removes the Application metering agent entry from Altiris Agent UI and gives impression as if agent is uninstalled. Also unregistering metering agent DLL does not remove all the other components of application metering agent, that is why we need to run uninstall policy to remove those existing component.
- After successful execution of uninstall policy, roll out “Application Metering Plug-in for Windows Install” policy through “Symantec Management console > Settings > browse for Agents/Plug-ins > Discovery and Inventory > Windows” and make sure that the install policy is enabled and scheduled and doesn’t rely on ASAP schedule.
Inventory Solution 7.0 - 7.0 SP1
Application Metering as part of Inventory Solution 7.0 - 7.0 SP1
Rate this Article