This hotfix can only be applied to the following versions of Storage Exec:
The following issues are resolved with this hotfix:
- Japanese reports which are utilizing some DB field such as "SizeUsedMB" don't work correctly
- Wrong range expressions in the property of "Date Created" query
- Insufficient validation check for "Files By Size" query
- SMTP mail does not work after installing hotfix or running repair install
- Unable to create managed resources in root of AD environment with more than 1000 server objects
Files updated by this hotfix:
After installing the hotfix, the attributes of the installed files will change as indicated in the table below. Note that the date and time are stored in universal time. When looking at the date and time of the files on the server where the hotfix was installed, they will be converted to local time. Use the Date and Time tool provided by Windows to determine the difference between universal time and local time.
Hotfix 15 updates the following files in addition to those files updated by Hotfix 1 through 14, thus making Hotfix 15 cumulative of all hotfixes through this release.
|File Name||Date||Time GMT||Version||Size KB|
See the Related Documents section below for details on Hotfixes 1 through 14
How to install this hotfix on a Storage Exec 5.3 server:
1. Close Storage Exec if open
2. Run SE2190RHF15.exe (this is the default name of Hotfix 15 when it is downloaded from the "Download Now" link)
3. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard
4. A reboot of the system is required after installing this hotfix
Note: A prompt requesting a reboot may not be displayed, but a reboot is required.
How to install this hotfix on a server which has the Storage Exec 5.3 Remote Administration Console, Remote Server Agent, or Remote Workstation Agent:
Follow the steps as outlined in TechNote 278677 http://support.veritas.com/docs/278677
How to complete a "silent installation":
Follow the steps as outlined in TechNote 279367 http://support.veritas.com/docs/279367
How to uninstall this hotfix:
Once this hotfix has been installed, it cannot be uninstalled without uninstalling the entire Storage Exec 5.3 application.
Japanese reports which are utilizing some DB field such as "SizeUsedMB" don't work correctly.
Wrong range expressions in the property of "Date Created" query
Insufficient validation check for "Files By Size" query
SMTP mail does not work after installing hotfix or running repair install
Unable to create managed resources in root of AD environment with > 1000 server objects