When viewing Computer Properties for any node within the Win32 DS console, all services listed under the Services section show a current state of "Unknown".
Deployment Solutions 6.9 SP4 includes an updated axengine.exe to resolve this issue.
For previous Deployment Solutions 6.9 versions, Symantec is providing a new axengine which is attached to this article. To update to the latest Axengine do the following:
1) Stop all Deployment Server services and DS consoles.
2) Rename 'axengine.exe' in the express share (E.g. c:\program files\altiris\express\deployment server) to 'axengine.old'
3) Download 'axengine.exe' attached to this KB to the express share.
4) Download 'ins_service.sql' attached to this KB.
5) Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your SQL Server
6) Select 'File' -> 'Open' -> 'File' and select the 'ins_service.sql' file
7) Change the database drop down to your eXpress database and click 'Execute'
8) Restart all Deployment Server services and DS consoles.
This issue has been confirmed using both DAgent and AClient.
Did this article resolve your issue?
Did this article save you the trouble of contacting technical support?
How can we make this article more helpful?
Email Address (Optional)
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Create and manage cases, manage licensing and renewals, submit threats, and enroll with Symantec Rewards.
Customer and Technical Support phone numbers and hours of operation.
User-to-user forums, blogs, videos, and other community resources on Symantec Connect.
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?