When viewing Computer Properties for any node within the Win32 DS console, all services listed under the Services section show a current state of "Unknown".
Deployment Solutions 6.9 SP4 includes an updated axengine.exe to resolve this issue.
For previous Deployment Solutions 6.9 versions, Symantec is providing a new axengine which is attached to this article. To update to the latest Axengine do the following:
1) Stop all Deployment Server services and DS consoles.
2) Rename 'axengine.exe' in the express share (E.g. c:\program files\altiris\express\deployment server) to 'axengine.old'
3) Download 'axengine.exe' attached to this KB to the express share.
4) Download 'ins_service.sql' attached to this KB.
5) Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your SQL Server
6) Select 'File' -> 'Open' -> 'File' and select the 'ins_service.sql' file
7) Change the database drop down to your eXpress database and click 'Execute'
8) Restart all Deployment Server services and DS consoles.
This issue has been confirmed using both DAgent and AClient.
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?